Thursday, January 20, 2011

Story: "Lowest of the Low" by Keith Banner

Today's find: "Lowest of the Low" by Keith Banner, from The Still Blue Project, "more writing for or about working class queers," an online continuation of the Everything I Have is Blue print anthology. I suspect you can like this story even if you are a Richie or a prep or whatever they call them these days. Posh?

Hell I don’t know. Barney’s gone. I just heard his car door slam. I stick a frozen pizza in, I go out on the patio, smoke while it nukes. There’s that March sky with cottage-cheese for clouds and bony trees around the half-frozen field and beyond that the backs of a McDonald’s and a Walgreen’s and the United Dairy Farmers where I work.

Read the rest: http://stillblueproject.wordpress.com/fiction/banner/

No comments:

Post a Comment